• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

manage temporary folder reserve space puts audition on tilt

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this pop-up tells me I should delete some wav files but I cannot put any in there to delete (or close files or undo's). So now I can't even enter audition to work...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces , Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use the OS to do this - navigate to the temp file and remove whatever's clogging it up directly - not from within Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you kindly sir, but the only folder i could find was the (partly) attached temp file. i don't know what to delete or not here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole point about temp files is that 'temporary' is exactly what they are - so after the event, you can get rid of all of them. What's slightly more interesting is why they are remaining there. If Audition is closed correctly then they should be deleted upon closing. The only time they should remain is if you, for instance, close down the computer without exiting Audition (or indeed any other app) first. People used to use this technique for quick getaways from location recordings, as it could save a lot of time, but it's absolutely not recommended because it means that you have to use what amounts to a crash recovery proceedure for what should be a normal save.

But if they all look like that, you can delete the lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm stuck still, sorry, as now I cannot delete anything from there, right clicking doesn't do the trick as there's no delete function in the mouse....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this pop-up tells me to manage wav files but how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have no delete function on that folder, it indicates (to me at least) that the user identity that you are using on the machine doesn't have admin rights for it - which would also explain why none of the previous temp files have been deleted. Until you sort that out, you will get no further. Audition only runs properly when the user has admin rights, and this, I have to say, is one of the reasons why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

payed for it, but that was decades ago. the new audition is much too difficult for me, i'm an audio man, why doesn't adobe sell the old 5.1 anymore? so much better than audacity...(and better than the new one for that matter)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly which version of Audition do you have?

I'm not sure what your comment about paid for it has to do with your problem, sorry!

The point that @SteveG_AudioMasters_ was making is that you have to have full Administrator rights on your computer; that's nothing at all to do with who paid for the app.  So, is your account on your computer an "Administrator " account, not just a "User" account?  If the latter, who holds an Administrator account for your machine?  I think you would need to ask them to delete that temp folder or its contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

finally got it to work, thank you, but now I cannot drag my mp3's on it. I can via the open or copy method, but then they only go one by one, not a whole bunch at once...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines