• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging Left and Right Tracks

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of recordings that have separate files for the left channel and right channel.  What is the best way to combine them to make a stereo file?  Would I use the multitrack editor or is there an easier way?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method I use - regularly - is to have both tracks available in Waveform view. Open the first one and go to Edit>Convert Sample Type and convert it to stereo, making sure that you have it set so that the stereo file contains all the content on the LHS. If you've got a lot to do, save this as a preset:

Convert sample type 1.JPG

The resultant file will have the signal all on the left, and a flat line for the other channel. What you have to do next is mute the left channel - hit the button I've ringed to do this (the waveform will turn grey):

Mute left channel.JPG

Click on the other file to open it, and select Copy. Go back to the first file and select Paste. That will put your other file into the unmuted RH channel. Unmute the LH channel and save the result - you're done.

I've tried all the other methods of doing this, and this is by far and away the quickest - takes a few seconds. Far less time than it's taken to explain it, in fact!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will give that a try and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines