• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mic Problems with Audition Upgrade

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record podcasts using Adobe Audition, a Presonus Fire Studio mixer, a Heil PR 40 mic, Sony headphones, and Skype. I just upgraded Audition to 2018 and now I am having issues with my mic. I hear my voice back through by headphones. My mic is hyper sensitive to my breath and voice. It’s almost an echo but not quite. When I import a sesx file to edit, the same issue is heard until I click on the file to edit, and then things sound okay.

When I upgraded I had to reset all my preferences presets for recording and set them exactly as I had before. Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Hello Steve - Yes, the upgrade to Skype didn't play nice with the upgrade to Adobe Audition. But now I have another issues that's popped up.

When I capture a segment of a wave form to use Effects> Noise Reduction Restoration > Capture Noise Print. And then I go to Effects  > Noise Reduction Restoration > Noise Reduciton (process) it has stoped working. I used to be able to to get rid of large segments within the wave form by doing this instead of doing it evry where it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark.  The Lounge is a non technical forum, so I'll move your thread to the Audition forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately a search doesn't reveal the answer to this question, which has been asked a lot recently. But it's all to do with a default that was changed, almost certainly by accident (I hope...). The answer is contained very succinctly in this thread:

New Update & now can not directly monitor? Way to remove an update?

Don't worry about the title of it, incidentally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try and make it even more succinct, go to Edit/Preferences/Multitrack and remove the tick beside "Enable Smart Monitoring".

With Smart Monitoring turned on, Audition is sending your voice back to the Presonus but with the latency involved in a round trip via your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the rate of posts on this subject maybe the answer should be included in the FAQs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

At the rate of posts on this subject maybe the answer should be included in the FAQs.

Well I would do that, but I'm seriously beginning to wonder whether anybody ever looks at them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it can help those of us who answer the queries since we only have to supply the OP with the link rather than writing out the instructions each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob -

When I go to Edit on the top off my Mac there is no Preferences optioin on the pull down menue nor a Multitrack to Enable Smart Monitorint. Am I loooking in the wrong place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again Bob -

I found the location to deselect Enable Smart Monitoring. It was under Preferences>Multitrack>Enable Smart Monitoring. IT WORKED!!!  Thank you for your guidance.  - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, there's now a FAQ with pictures... hope you approve, ryclark!

I'm getting strange feedback and monitoring issues with the Audition 2018 release - can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Another problem with the new Audition 2018 popped up today. I opened my Audition to record a multi track podcast and my guests waveform doesn't record their voice. It worked yesterday, I didn't change any setting, and today, problems. I'm dead in the water here. Any suggestions. I'm on a Mac, using a Presonus Fire Studio mixer, Heil PR 40 mic and Skype. I hear my guest fine however when I hit record their voice doesn't record. Mine does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gather that this is fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve - Yes, the upgrade to Skype didn't play nice with the upgrade to Adobe Audition. But now I have another issues that's popped up.

When I capture a segment of a wave form to use Effects> Noise Reduction Restoration > Capture Noise Print. And then I go to Effects  > Noise Reduction Restoration > Noise Reduciton (process) it has stoped working. I used to be able to to get rid of large segments within the wave form by doing this instead of doing it evry where it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One common cause of this sort of behaviour is if the FFT size in the main NR (Process) is different from the one that the capture noise print is using before you actually go into the NR.  If you've never played with it, the FFT size setting is on the advanced menu in the NR control screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bob -

I'll give this a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines