Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MIDI editing

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

Will Audition ever allow MIDI editing as in earlier version?

Thanks for help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for the foreseeable future AFAIAA. But maybe one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that there's a better chance of Rewire being reintroduced than a full-blown MIDI editor. Don't rate either very highly though, as the devs are rather more preoccupied with a closer fit to Premiere, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both. Shame, I'd have replaced FL Studio with Audition

By the way, I wish someday Adobe will be a one-stop DCC editor arsenal.

It already does raster and vector graphics, some 3d and video at good levels.

It just misses some music composition tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask what you'd like to see in a new music composition tool.  There are plenty of MIDI editors out there, most are still based on a piano roll, notation editing, or live performance capture, and I don't think we'd want to put a lot of resources into just playing catch up.  Putting aside existing biases about software, hardware, or performance, what might be an ideal way to capture and edit music?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I'd like to use a piano roll.

It's never too late to improve, but some simple sequencing would be cool for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of boring you because I've said it so often, in an audio-for-video application, it's not just music,  MIDI is also used for lots of unreal sound effects like whooshes and background drones etc.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'd also prefer piano roll since I'm not working with real musical notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_durin_  wrote

..., and I don't think we'd want to put a lot of resources into just playing catch up.

This is why I think that a decent Rewire system might be a cost-effective way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah.  The ideal would be MIDI in Audition (once the developers no longer have to make the Premiere interface perfect) but Rewire would certainly be an improvement since I have Ableton already to handle my MIDI needs.  Rewire would just make the use of two programmes a bit neater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines