• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mono tracks playing in only one ear of headphones

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Audition (was previously using Audacity) and am wanting to setup a template for voiceover projects. I'm creating new Mono Waveform tracks (I see only one waveform) and it seems to record just fine but my playback is only coming out of the left channel. How can I set Audition up so I hear the track from both Left and Right channels?  [I have an SSL2 audio interface and have my monitor mix set midway between Input and USB. 2020 iMac running Big Sur 11.2.1]

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I'm not a super-user but I'm feeling awfully proud of myself. I just figured this out. Here's the solution:

Go to PreferencesAudio Channel Mapping and, in the Output section, make sure your (L) Left and (R) Right channels are assigned two separate outputs. Normally, this should be 1 and 2. Click OK and test it out. See image below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a Mac, so I can't really comment on what happens outside of Audition, but as well as that, it's worth checking the output routing for the Master channel. This should be set to Stereo, and then mono tracks should play to both channels.

Master output.JPG

This is on a mono session, and the tracks play fine over both monitor speakers, and headphones as well if I use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines