• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving old Logic Express projects to the latest Audition

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of old projects done during my brief flirtation with Logic Express 9 and I need to find a way to get them into Audition. Having been away from this space for some time, I'm a little stumped on how best to do this. Since Logic Express no longer runs on my iMac, I'm in the process of updating my Mac OS to installing the Logic Pro trial, hoping it will be able to import my old .logic projects so that I can export them in a format AA can import. But what would that be? OMF? XML? Final Cut?

After about two hours of chasing this down various rabbit holes I thought I'd best see whether the collective wisdom here could save me more frustration. Any guidance, team? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get them opened in a later version of Logic then the only options that Audition will import are (and from memory I can't recall which versions of Logic support what formats) FCP XML and OMF. FCP XML would be the better choice of the two.

If AAF is your only available option then AATranslator may be an option but PM me first if you are considering it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SuiteSpot, thank you. Alas, Logic handles none of those formats. I was, however, able to open my Logic Express projects and convert them to Logic Pro, so at least I can harvest the audio tracks after some light editing. Looking at the scope of the need again, I think this is probably efficient enough, and easier than trying to do some backhanded conversion through Final Cut into Premiere and then Audition, which looked like the only real path. So I think that's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines