• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mpeg4-Audio File in Adobe Audition

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does a possibility of using the old codec/filters for m4a-audiofiles do exist, if you do not develope your own mp4 filter (read/write). The mpeg 4-audio format is very good audio format. The sound is very good and the file size incredibly small. I can open m4a-files, because Audition interprets them as m2a or mpeg 2 AAC-audiofiles, if and only if a file have no specifications at all, but I could not write m4a-files. Does a possibility exist to make that possible?

Best regards

Bernd König

TOPICS
Export , FAQ , Feature request , Feature requests , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

m4a is proprietary to Apple. There's a response by ryclark to a similar question a couple of years ago - goes like this:

'mp4 is a container not an audio format. It is mainly meant for video content which includes audio and can contain many different formats of video and audio. Hence Audition cannot use .mp4 as an audio exporting or saving format I'm afraid. You can only do it in a video environment. Apple do have a proprietry audio only format in .m4a but that is only available via iTunes and other Apple software.'

So no, Audition can't do this natively, because it doesn't license the right from Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines