• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multitrack Recording Zoom H6

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slightly specific question, but I'm having trouble recording a multitrack session using my Zoom H6 as an audio interface. Rather than being able to isolate each mic to its own channel, it's putting both into one. Might be more a question for the Zoom forums but thought I'd check here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

I recommend watching this YouTube video. It answered the issue for me. If you are in a hurry skip to around 40 minutes into the video.

How To Multitrack Record & Choosing Mixdown Options in Audition CC (Audio 101: Part 7) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
May 29, 2016 May 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure, I'd need details of whether you're recording in Multitrack or Waveform View, but...

...my first guess is that you may be recording to a stereo track rather than two mono ones.  What you'll need to do is record in Multitrack, create a session with at least two mono tracks (the default should come up the way) then set the inputs to the two tracks on the drop down menus (marked with the right facing arrow) at the left end of each track.  I've not used a zoom this way but on the menu choose mono then find the Zoom microphone outputs...what they're called will depend on the Zoom but you should be able to figure it out.

Hope this helps, but if not please go into a bit more detail on how you've set things up and how you're recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers! I'll try and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I'm assuming that you are using a PC, rather than a Mac; Macs won't run ASIO software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and this thread solved the problem for me.  But now I'm getting a buzz in the audio output when I arm a track for recording.  The buzz isn't being recorded but it comes through both the onboard speaker of the H6 and through the headphones, so SUPER annoying.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever figure out a solution for the clicking/buzzing sound. I'm getting the same issue with the audio output as well and not sure how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the H6 manual, you might be better off using the specifc Zoom driver for it, rather than just relying on the inherent stereo capability. You can find it here:

Zoom H6 Downloads | Zoom and scroll down to where it says 'H/F Series Multi-Track ASIO Driver'.

That should let you record all six channels independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this, I'll give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend watching this YouTube video. It answered the issue for me. If you are in a hurry skip to around 40 minutes into the video.

How To Multitrack Record & Choosing Mixdown Options in Audition CC (Audio 101: Part 7) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines