Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multitrack Volume Control

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Monterey, Audition 24.0.3.3
I've just begun editing podcast episodes in audition as it is the easiet option in my employers workflow. I wanted to know if there is a better way to adjust the volume in specific selections in the multitrack view?

In the waveform view I can make a selection and adjust the gain, great, but there is no gain line (is there a way to enable one?), it is destructive and difficult to change later if needed. In multitrack I can do pretty much the same thing but I have to right click and use "silence selection" command. It adds a nice little dip in the gain line that shows me where I've changed the volume, but it makes really ridiculous keyframe lines if you don't drag your mouse perfecly straight and you have to fiddle with it back and forth to keep it flat.

That is the only way I've figured out how to do that in multitrack, I think it would be great to be able to just drag the gain line in the clip and it ajdust the volume where selected. Am I missing a short cut that allows me to do that? I can't find a clear answer anywhere else.
--Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

There's no short cut - it does this anyway! If you left-click the mouse on the gain line, you'll put a marker at that spot (you might have to click twice for the first one). If you put another one after it, you can drag that to another position - and if you want to return to the original position, then add a third and fourth marker, and drag the line back to where you started from.

Looks like this:

Marker points.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no short cut - it does this anyway! If you left-click the mouse on the gain line, you'll put a marker at that spot (you might have to click twice for the first one). If you put another one after it, you can drag that to another position - and if you want to return to the original position, then add a third and fourth marker, and drag the line back to where you started from.

Looks like this:

Marker points.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay Great thanks Steve, I do think it would be a valuable tool to have that built in with out having to add individual keyframes, but this answers my question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines