Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Audition thumbnail icons switched

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raymond36778518hxl0_0-1713292180685.jpeg

Why have my thumbnail icons switched? The colored one used to be for wav files, the B&W for PKF files.

I updated 10 days ago:

Raymond36778518hxl0_1-1713292276102.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually that happens when you try Open with... You can right-click a Open With and select to always use Audition. You should also uncheck the File explorer options to 'hide extension for known file types'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both done, no change. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 11 you can open the settings app. (Right-click and select Personalize) and search for 'default' and pick 'Default Apps'. Then you can enter a file type, "wav". And select the default app, Audition if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, no change. It's not a question of what app opens it, Audition always opens my wav files, it's a question of what the thumbnail icon shows for PKF files, and wav files, they are backward. The colored icon used to be wav 

RaymondBlackstone_0-1713466575779.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are 'adventurous' you can use File Type Manager: And change any icon you like.

FileTypesMan - Alternative to 'File Types' manager of Windows (nirsoft.net)

I have all my desktop icons using the older colored icons with square shape, for all my CC apps. You have to want it! 🙂 Go around and collect the icons you like, etc...

MyerPj_0-1713467557207.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, just to be clear: the same program, Audition, open both the PKF and the wav files, it's just that the icons for each type are swapped. You're suggesting that I can choose which icon, used within the same program, can be used for each file type? That Audition has two separate icons I can choose? Because this has worked fine for me for that last 18 years before I updated Audition 12 days ago. Seems to me like this is a bug in the new code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone following (I received an email asking me this), no, I did not get a good answer to this problem, nor a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a Windows issue... I thought you had understood that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines