Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise Reduction in CC2017

Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5+ computers which have all been upgraded from cc2015 to cc17, we use the Noise reduction quite a bit as we have noisy studios. Noise reduction does not work from right clicking capture noise print, nor if you click capture noise print from the drop down. The only way it works (only on a handful of computers) is to capture in the dialog box and then applying.  This has happened to once I upgraded to CC2017. All computers are windows 7 some are windows 10. A few of the computers still has a older version 2015.2 still running and the Noise Reduction still works but not on 2017. All computers are set to be 44.1kz recording and playback

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2017 on Windows 10 here on this laptop, and NR with a selection made from a right-click noise print capture works fine. It also works fine from the dialog box. You are making a suitable selection first, aren't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I don't have any problem with the selection length when I open up the file in CC2015.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to remove all 2017 versions and then install 2015 and the noise reduction is working in this version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally there have been no other reports of problems with NR in Audition CC 2017. It all seems to work OK here on a Win 7 64 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself and the Digital Design team have this issue. Is there a work-around that doesn't involve installing an older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of computer system are you running Audition on? See your other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a problem for Audition CC 2017.0, CC 2017.0.1, as well as CC 2017.0.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works as per normal here too.

One very quick thought...if you open the Advanced menu and check the FFT size, what does it show?  Mention of the length of the noise print reminds me that the length of the noise print changes as the FFT size does.  The old default was 2048--not sure what the default is on 2017 because I've changed it so often.

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I think you're on to something. I think the new default is an FFT size of 8192. This might be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

,,,,which must present a conundrum because, aside for the noise sample issue, 8192 would likely yield better first pass results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this worked for me, i changed it to 2048 and it did a much better job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which FFT size works best depends on the frequency range of the noise you're eliminating--for a lot of typical hiss or room tone, the higher number often works better, hence why Adobe probably changed it.

FYI, something to try if you''d might like to try a trick most of us regulars use.  Instead of just picking one FFT size and doing it all in a single pass, you can often get better results by doing three or four passes of very subtle NR, changing the FFT size upwards (and grabbing a new noise print) between each pass.  If you do it this way you probably want the NR slider in the 10-15% range and the amount slider down around 10dB.

If you're happy with what you're getting, that's great--but the multi pass method will give you fewer of the artificial voice-type artefacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already do multiple passes. Audio I am looking at now I did 3 passes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The default settings are what changed.

It used to have the following settings.

• Noise Reduction: 100%
  • Reduce by: 40 dB
  • (Advanced) FFT Size: 4096

Switching to the default settings, and then manually changing the above should have it behave as it did before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines