• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

None-destructive editing?

Contributor ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to Audition and have no experience of working in sound design etc.

But I'm wondering if theres a way to edit audio tracks in a none-destructive way? As it seems I can only save as .mp3 formats, meaning any effects I apply will be lost unless I specifically 'apply' them, therefore losing the ability to go back and edit them

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Yes - it's called Multitrack view - have a read through the tutorials that are available in the Help menu. Saving as an MP3 is destructive on its own though, as it's a lossy format. If you want lossless saves, save as Wav files (Audition's working format).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - it's called Multitrack view - have a read through the tutorials that are available in the Help menu. Saving as an MP3 is destructive on its own though, as it's a lossy format. If you want lossless saves, save as Wav files (Audition's working format).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've actually dabbled with Multitrack before... does that allow all the same kind of edits / effects to be applied as when you're editing tracks directly?

Also will keep that in mind RE: wav files thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only 'effects' you can't apply are what are referred to as 'process' effects, like Noise Reduction, that aren't designed to run in real time. All normal production effects - and a number of things you can't do in Waveform - like ducking - can run there. In terms of edits, I can't think of anything that you'd actually want to do that you can't achieve in Multitrack view - and once again, there are several things you can do that are a lot easier to carry out, like ripple deletes, and altering the relative position of assets across tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines