• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old version wanted

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of a long shot but is anyone selling an older version of Audition they no longer need?  My PC isn't high enough spec to run the latest one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

You don't need to purchase one - follow the instructions here: Audition 3 and the activation service

If you can't run Audition 3, then you definitely need a new computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to purchase one - follow the instructions here: Audition 3 and the activation service

If you can't run Audition 3, then you definitely need a new computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the version of Windows I'm on, not the actual spec itself.  I have some other software that won't run on Windows 10 so upgrading not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have any trouble running Audition 3, then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBH Audition 3 would probably suffice.  Still need to buy it though - can't find it anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nige78  wrote

TBH Audition 3 would probably suffice.  Still need to buy it though - can't find it anywhere.

You haven't read what's in the link very carefully, have you?

You follow the links to the download, and use the serial number provided - it just works. No purchase necessary, which is of course why you can't find it anywhere... amazing as it seems, Adobe is giving it to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - not sure how I missed that, or why Adobe never told me about it when I emailed them - they just suggested Amazon or Ebay.

Sadly Version 3 doesn't seem to work in Windows 8 so I'm back to square one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems a little strange. W8 was an 'upgrade' from XP and it worked fine with that. Is this plain W8 or W8 pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And version 3 works perfectly Ok in Win 10 so don't see why it shouldn't in Win 8. I have had it working in all versions of Windows from ME onwards but I did miss out on 8.

You might try running the installer directly from the components.msi file rather than the setup.exe one. Also try running as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My copy of Audition 3 DOESNT work fine on my Windows 10 laptop (Dell Inspiron). If I select the Reltek ASIO driver, there's no real control panel, just a buffer length setting and the program hangs anyway, and if I select the "Audition 3.0 Windows Sound" driver (I presume that's MS DirectSound) it stumbles on playback and sounds really rough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Audition 3 Windows Sound driver is a conversion between MME and ASIO. These days that almost certainly isn't the best way to go. What will probably work rather better (because it's updated) is the (free) ASIO4ALL driver, which essentially does the same thing. It has better diagnostics as well. If you still get stuttering, then increase the buffer or latency size before exploring any further.

You should be aware though that the further Microsoft's OS's get from what was around when AA3 was released, the more the chances of odd things happening are - as much because it's running in a 32-bit emulator as anything. In many ways it's quite something that it works at all. If you tried running software this old with a Mac, you'd be totally stuffed; it wouldn't even open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never purchased this version before. How can I get this authorization of this Audition3.0.

Because this version is just for customers who have legally purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 from offical list as " Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. Only customers who have legally purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products can use the serial numbers provided during download."

If I need to use this version. How can I do? Could you do me a favor please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jianzhongw94864999  wrote

If I need to use this version. How can I do? Could you do me a favor please?

Read reply 12 above carefully. It is the only option there is - no others are available. Even if you mistakenly purchased a copy from somebody else, it wouldn't authorise - you have to use the version linked to in the answer marked as correct to keep it working for more than the trial period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got it. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which specification is your computer not meeting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the latest version it's Windows 8.

For version 3 it seems it's also not compatible with Windows 8?  The installer runs ok I think but it doesn't seem to actuall yinstall the software.

So I'd still like to buy an odler version from someone if possible.  Version 6 would be perfect as I'm used to using that one anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 3 works fine with Windows 8, although Windows 8 came out after version 3.

I think I've seen what you're describing with the installer. The workaround might simply be right-click on the *.msi file near the installer and choose "Install" directly from there. The initial download simply downloads and extracts the installer.

Even though the very most recent version of Audition CC blocks install on OS versions before certain Windows 10 versions, you can still install certain previous versions of Audition CC (which can install on Windows 8) with a current subscription or trial. I know this isn't obvious from our website. This help article should outline how to do that: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

It should be noted that installation of Audition 3 technically requires an appropriate license to install. The installer doesn't check or validate if that is true, but that is the policy as far as I understand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Charles+VW  wrote

It should be noted that installation of Audition 3 technically requires an appropriate license to install. The installer doesn't check or validate if that is true, but that is the policy as far as I understand it.

Whilst I'm sure that this is technically correct, it has to be said in the same breath that as Adobe have made no attempt to protect the only working serial number in any way, and placed it effectively in public view. And the use of that serial number clearly bypasses any license requirement to proceed with the software's installation and use. Any challenge to anybody using it could be rather effectively countered using this as a defense, which would be rather hard to argue against under these circumstances.

Whilst I'm absolutely against any form of software 'piracy', I really don't think that this counts as such. No hacking has taken place, and the software isn't in the public domain (no source code available) - it's just effectively a gift from Adobe, in the same way that the Loopology files are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your help - managed to get Audition 3 installed.

It doesn't recognise my soundcard now but that's another matter.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines