• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

playback and recording issues

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a microsft surface pro that runs windows 10 and every time i record an audio file on audition and then save it, when reopened will have a pop up that says the audio playback and recording device has been changed do you want to open it to change it?   why is this happening.  how can i record a simple audio file. why do all adobe products require 100's and 100's of hours to even move or do one action on here.  why is this program and the others not easy to use?  why does it require manuals, videos, experts and professionals to use any of the products?  even after watching youtube videos on the adobe creative cloud programs i am still lost.  i even purchased a book on how to use premier and audition and i am confused.  i am sure i am not alone.  i am looking for easier to use programs online to do the same things these programs do but i have not located any good ones.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Hi Alex,

First, let's look at what's happening when you record.  Audition can support many different audio devices, from USB microphones to high-end mixing interfaces to the built-in speaker and microphone on the Surface Pro.  When installed, Audition asks Windows what the default input and output devices are and automatically uses those.  But if those are changed, or new audio devices are available while running, Audition will prompt to confirm which you wish to use.  Otherwise, you may attach a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alex,

First, let's look at what's happening when you record.  Audition can support many different audio devices, from USB microphones to high-end mixing interfaces to the built-in speaker and microphone on the Surface Pro.  When installed, Audition asks Windows what the default input and output devices are and automatically uses those.  But if those are changed, or new audio devices are available while running, Audition will prompt to confirm which you wish to use.  Otherwise, you may attach an expensive microphone to record, but if the application is still configured to use the built-in microphone, the quality will be poor.

It sounds like you're making a successful recording, and you indicate the message occurs when you open the audio file again.  Are you sure that launching Audition without opening that audio file won't also show the message?  In any case, if your audio devices are changing between sessions, but you always want to try to use the same ones in Audition, you can disable that warning dialog and just confirm your settings are correct by selecting Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware.

As to the ease of use, I suppose it is a question of your experience and what you're trying to create.  There's often a trade between flexibility, power, and simplicity with software.  This isn't to say complexity is favorable, but simple workflows become more complex as extra functionality as added.  Windows Sound Recorder is a very simple tool, but it's not flexible and doesn't support much in the way of any features beyond recording and playback.  Audition can also record and playback sound, but offers dozens of effects, repair tools, support for capturing multiple recordings at once, automating parameters over time, and lots more.

In a few days, please look for a new video tutorial in Audition Learn (available from the Help menu) soon which covers the very basics of Audition.  We've just put the finishing touches on it, and I think it's a great way to learn the application without jumping back and forth between Audition and YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines