• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead jumping and slow during playback

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've seen some similar posts about jumping or a slow moving playhead, and this just started happening to me, but I'm not using any video, just simple voiceover recording and play back. The sound is playing back fine, but the playhead can't keep up with the audio and is dragging behind. Really hard to edit this way. Any suggestions? I have no other apps open whilst using the software. I have checked updates on both the app and my Macbook Pro and all up to date. I have tried increasing the buffer rate but no difference. Was all working fine before. Thanks!

TOPICS
Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for an updated video driver specifically? The other thing to check (if it's applicable to Macs - I don't know because I don't have one) is the status of Edit>Preferences>General and then look at the Hardware Acceleration setting. If you have one, and it's off, then turn it on - and vice versa. Restart required whenever you alter this setting before it becomes effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for your quick reply. I don't think I have the Hardware accelaration setting, I saw that on another post and tried it, it doesn't come up in General. Did a search but nothing came up.. but I'll spend some more time looking for this. Will try an upadated video driver too thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem that occured around the exact same time as your post. My playhead skips to wherever my mouse is at the end of the scrub, but it won't actually scub. I also can drag lines on clips in the sequence, such as to adjust volume or speed up or down. It's incredibly frustrating. It happened on two project files that were working completely fine previously. I tried opening a new one, and the exact same problem is present. I have cleared my caches and reset preferences. Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't sound the same at all. In Edit>PreferencesPlayback and Recording, do you have a check in the box that says 'Play audio while scrubbing'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines