Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead jumps forward ~5ms after spacebar stop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This just started (on Audition 13.x, can't find what exactly it was) and I tried to solve by restaring and upgrading Audition to 14.1--  but still have the same issue. When I stop playback, using Spacebar, the playhead stops and then jumps forward about 5-10ms... barely noticeable but of course when you stop you want to stop... is it trying to do me a favour with some fancy setting here, or is it a bug, and how do I stop it?

I've been using Audition for as long as I can remember (on this system and my 11-year-old iMac) without noticing this before. Any advice, cheers.

I've also tried playing with the Playback settings, it doesn't seem to be related to the "return playhead" issue, which is all that comes up when trying to google this issue.

On Macbook 2019 2.6GHz i7 16Gb OS11.2.3  and Audition up to date 14.1.

TOPICS
Playback , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

On the face of it (and I don't have a Mac) this sounds like a display issue. I don't know how it goes with Macs, but have you checked to see if there's an updated video driver for your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the face of it (and I don't have a Mac) this sounds like a display issue. I don't know how it goes with Macs, but have you checked to see if there's an updated video driver for your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything's as up to date as it can be, but your idea that it's a display issue has saved the day... gave me an idea that the GPU might be suffering (it shouldn't be but...)... so I turned off the mixer on the second screen, problem went away and playhead stops like my bike on fresh brake pads as it really should.

Thanks Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to have helped, but I now have this strange vision of Audition tipping you over the handlebars... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines