• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Potential Bug

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost everytime I use audition, the program is adding waveform where there should be none, or cutting waveform where it should be.  Example attached of waveform being added where there should be none.  Thanks for your feedback gang!

TOPICS
Playback , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that's not a meaningful example. You haven't demonstrated exactly how this is happening to you at all. All I can hear is a bit of the end of a file but no explanation of how it got there, what steps you took, or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I don't know how this is happening to me, or I would cerainly remedy it.  You will see in the file (on the 2nd playback) that there is waveform occupying space that does not contain any actual audio.  Here are the steps I took to achieve this:

1) Opened audition

2) Recorded audio

3) Played back the audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this repeatable? If you save the audio before playing it back, does it still happen? It looks though this is happening in Waveform view, and that involves using a buffer and temp file. Whilst audio is unsaved, all bets are off with that, especially if you try to move things. So no, not a bug because how it behaves depends very much upon your system. If you want to record without this sort of issue, then Multitrack records direct to disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is repeatable, it happens every day I use Audition for voiceover auditions.  I don't believe this should be happening whether the file is saved or not.  I can't use multitrack for the type of work I do.  Mono file is what I use.  I think you're onto something with the temp file mention though.  Would it help to update Audition?  I have never updated it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using? Generally upgrades to Audition are a good thing to do...

And you can record (certainly on the current version) mono files in Multitrack with ease. It's just the same as recording in Waveform view - you specify a location and a file name, get the track into record, and off you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recording on 10.1.1.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that's Audition 2017 so it's well out of date. Does the CC app offer you the latest one? If it does, I'd upgrade to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines