Exit

PreSonus AudioBox USB. Nothing is recording in Multitrack

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Audition CC 2018 on Windows 10.

I've set up the Audio Hardware ASIO.

Track 1 input is set to Mono "IN 1" and output set to Master.

On my AudioBox interface, I have an XLR cable hooked up to left input "1" to a condenser mic next to my guitar amplifier.

In addition, I have Track 2 input to set to Mono "IN 2" and output to Master.

I have an XLR cable to right input 2 and output to a DI to my instrument.

I press record and the marker moves but when I play the instrument, nothing is getting recorded. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you've done most of the necessary things but I'll run through them in order just in case something got missed.

1.  Install the appropriate driver (likely ASiO) for your Presonus plus install any updates suggested by the install process.,

2.  Under Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware select ASIO as your device type.

3.  Under Default Device, select your Presonus interface.  Note that quite a few manufacturers aren't very clear about this--I know of at least one interface that just calls itself "USB Audio Interface" with no mention of the name.

4.  Go to the Multrack Screen and in the info box at the left end of the tracks you'll be using, select the drop down box for track input (marked with a right-facing arrow).  Select mono, then pick Input 1/ Left Input coming from the Presonus.  Again, the label might not be totally clear.

5. Arm the track to record by clicking on the small R in the box in (again) the info box at the left end of each track.

6.  Finally, hit the record button to start the process

The above should set you up,   If it doesn't work, then it's time to try different USB cables and/or different USB ports on your computer.  If nothing works, you may have a faulty Presonus.

One last hint:  once you get it working, if you're going to use this set up fairly often, before recording save your configuration as a Session Template (File/Export/Session Template).  Over the months and years this can save a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AiGE,

Did Bob's advice help you solve your issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines