• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems onverting stereo to mono in latest Audition v22.2

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I recently updated to the latest version of audition. Now, whenever I convert a WAV file from stereo to mono, the tracks gray out and are uneditable. Please see screenshot. (I have it set to 16 bit.) Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or should I uninstall the update? Thanks very much for your help! ... View moreScreen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.55.10 AM.png
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you are doing here, because you are in Multitrack view, and actual file conversion is something you can only do in Waveform view. If you want to put the channels of a stereo file into their own individual tracks though, there's a much simpler way of doing it. If you just import the file into Multitrack view, you'll find that you can use the twirl-downs to expose each channel - which you can drag onto whatever track you choose.

Twirl-down1.JPG

That bit I've ringed is a twirl-down, and clicking on it will reveal:Twirl-down2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this is user error, but just to clarify, here's what I'm trying to do.

I recorded my interview in stereo using an Zoom HN1.

I transferred the WAV files onto my desk top.

I loaded them into my Audition session.

I used the Waveform view to convert the stereo tracks to mono, chose convert sample session, Mono, 16 bit.

I clicked back to Multiview but the tracks our grayed out.  However, I've found that I can still edit them, they're just gray.

I'm going to start again and  try the way you suggested, though.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a lot easier this way - you don't have to convert anything, and you retain the ability to alter the channels independently - without losing the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Audition forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines