• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Punch and Roll tracks when Cut/Edited Problems

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I cut a track recorded on Punch and Roll and move a segment to another place, the "junk" beneath it re-appears in both the piece I cut out and those left behind.  This makes editing a track like this almost impossible.  Is there any way, other than doing a mixdown of that track, which is a waste of time and file space, to stop this from happening?  

If I wanted that junk, I wouldn't have recorded over it.  

TOPICS
Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I wanted that junk, I wouldn't have recorded over it."

I know that, and you know that. Unfortunately Adobe doesn't agree - they think that Sod's Law always applies, and the moment that you delete something, you'll realise that you need it. And that then you'll sue them for letting you get rid of it - according to the legal dept.

You may think that I'm joking, but that's pretty much the argument that they used when they introduced that 'feature', and it's not been possible to persuade them that nobody ever sued the manufacturers of multitrack tape machines...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So essentially if I want to edit any vocal track recorded with punch and roll, I have to export the track into a mixdown file first before cutting anything otherwise I'm just going to lift up rocks and find bugs under there?  Is there any other way other than doing a mixdown of the track export and then bringing that file back into Audition that might be quicker?  This is absurd.  Better question, what is your best practice to avoid this?  Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines