• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions About Positional 5.1 Track Panner Data

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a multitrack composition. One of my tracks requires a little bit of panning so I select the track, click on "Touch" and then Play. Once my clip starts playing, I rough out a path via the Track Panner. Next, I set the track to "Read" and then play. Everything sounds fine.

After doing some additional editing on other tracks, I return to this track and add another clip. Then I attempt to do the same thing. However, after I'm done, I play through the track and both my clips are now silent. I've confirmed that I'm set to "Read" and nothing seems amiss. But I can't find anything wrong.

Next, I set the Track Panner and effectively obliterate the panning information. And it has me thinking that I don't really understand what's going on when I record via "Touch." Am I affecting just the clip? Am I affecting the whole track? If I move the clips anywhere, will the information be retained? And what about if an existing channel already has a 5.1 positional audio default. Will my clip still follow the particular path I set via "Touch"?

I'm asking because, once I start to do something other than just edit a single clip in a single track, clips stop playing audio and/or they stop obeying the 5.1 rules I set in place. It's late, so I hope I'm doing a good job of explaining this. I have found relatively few online resources for really understanding the 5.1 functionality of Audition, so if any of you have a link to dump, I'm definitely interested.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All the information you need is here:

Automate mixes with envelopes in Adobe Audition CC

You should be using Write, not Touch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines