• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record audio from Youtube to Audition

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a serious newbie. I just need to pull nuggets from various videos (usually press conferences) for a radio show. What is the most uncomplicated way to do that? And when I say newbie -- NEWBIE. I'm a print journalist who now is trying to help produce a radio show they have me hosting. I purchased Audition, but not much of a clue how to do what I've been told is a simple task. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's a simple task, but often it's not. It rather depends upon the manufacturer of your computer/laptop. On a PC you have to select, in the Windows 'sound' settings, something that looks like a 'what you hear' input - if it's actually available. In order to pacify the RIAA, some manufacturers leave it out. It's also a bit of a pain if you are using other inputs to record anything else, because you have to reset it after using it just to get things back to normal.

There is a much easier option for doing what you want to. It's the one I use, and it doesn't involve Audition at all, so no settings get messed about. It's called SoundTap, and although it costs $19.99, it's worth it. It automatically detects the stream you want to record - whatever's playing it, records it, and you can edit the results easily in Audition afterwards. There may well be other software as well that can do this, but this one just works. I have no connection with NCH other than as a satisfied customer, incidentally.

So it's not the case that Audition can't do this - if you can find the correct input to use on your machine it will - it's just that using SoundTap is a lot easier and more convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks a bunch. I’ll give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines