Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Side Chain Icon

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I'm not being daft!

I'm trying to set up a side chain for music ducking, but the Side Chain Icon is not showing when I go in to Dynamics Processing. Suggestions please?!

I'm on Audition 10.0.2.27 running on a Mac Sierra OS.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 17.22.21.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Is your effect on a clip or a track?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is strange that there isn't any icon showing. However assuming that Track 1 is the music that you want to duck is the Dynamics Processor effect added to the FX Rack on track 1? Then if Track 2 is your V/O you need to add Sidechain routing from the S1 send box dropdown menu.

ScreenHunter_38 Apr. 11 21.36.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon should show though, wherever you put it in Multitrack view. It certainly does here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for he replys, will check through again. Pretty certain that I have work through all of this though, the icon is not showing...is it always meant to be there or only when certain selections are made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I could see when I was trying it out after your first post the icon should always be there. the only time it wouldn't appear is if you happen to open an earlier version of Audition CC. It didn't appear until CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your effect on a clip or a track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha. Thanks Charles for asking that question. That would explain why the OP couldn't see the Sidechain icon. It makes sense that a Clip effect couldn't have Sidechaining. I had thought that the icon was there regardless of where the Dynamics Processor effect was opened from. You learn something new each day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have solved it for me, I was selecting the effect on the clip not the track.

Thanks both for your help, fantastic!

Best

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines