• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solved - Wrestling with Volume > Using Windows Audition > Zoom P8 Audio Interface > Shure SM58

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I would share this. 

I have been wrestling with getting audio volume configuration for a long time. 

I was using a Mackie mixer for a while and the quality was excellent, interfacing it with Audition in real time on my PC was a pain.

So I switched to a Zoom P8 audio interface (mixer) ... 

The Zoom P8 is a bad ass little mixer - designed for podcasters, all the settings I needed, but simple to use. I also use it for instructional voice overs. 

The P8 configured effortlessly to my new PC - Dell i7 / SSD / 16 gb.

BTW - NEVER try and do audio without the latest equipment. I know we are all on a budget but I have NO issues right now and it was well worth it.

Anyway, the problem was that my volume was super low when recording and I had to constantly mess with it in post-producton.

Finally, I went to Windows > Audio > Mic settings an noticed it was at 50% volume - So I turned it up all the way. Well, that's all it was. 

I can now modulate my audio level in real time with my mixer and Audition and all is good.

Don't ask me a bunch of super technical questions cuz I'm not an audio engineer... Glad to help if I can tho  🙂 Just a guy trying to get the job done!

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?