• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting Stereo Channels into seperate tracks

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a stereo audio track which I have pulled from an AVI file in prem pro. The left channel has voice from a radio mic while the right channel is the camera mic with general audio. I need to seperate the two channels so I can use the voice audio when its needed.

So my question is how do u do this?

I'm a beginner user of AA though I have owned veris versions for some years, just never had the time to get right into it until now. I've have spent the last couple of days digging through help menus and manuals trying to solve this problem. Usually I'd use hardware to do a work around but I figured I might as well start using the software.

Any help would be appreciated...
Sorry if this is a silly noob question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to dredge up old stuff, but this concept of splitting out lav microphone from boom microphone just became an issue for me.  I'd also like to be able to clean up the audio.  The thread seems to be about Premiere Pro until the more recent posts.

I use Premiere Pro CS5 right now.

Seeing the conclusion of the thread, i downloaded Audition 5.5 to try it.  I quickly found i can't edit mxf files, my video source.

Thus, i went back to the top of the thread to try the basic solutions.

So, in EV:
Ctrl-A (selects entire file)
Ctrl-L (selects LH channel)
Edit>Copy to new (no keystroke for this, but you could assign one if you needed to)
File>Save As

What is EV?  I can't find any Adobe references to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tjsCreative1 wrote:

What is EV?  I can't find any Adobe references to it.

EV is Edit View, which is what it was called in Audition 3 when this thread was started.  Now it's called Waveform View, and because it's a new program, Waveform View often does things a different way.  In the post above this one, I've described a method you can use in Waveform View in 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the choices above  are great and the beauty of AA is there are many ways to do things.   I use another way for Lav Mics which is for me quicker.   Load the orginal file in Edit View.

Copy to New  (keeping the original safe) then on the new version first select all then  Control L the left channel with audio  the right is blank then copy followed by control R and then paste and save the new two channel lav file for further tweaking.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Mike_Good) wrote:

I have a stereo audio track which I have pulled from an AVI file in prem pro. The left channel has voice from a radio mic while the right channel is the camera mic with general audio. I need to seperate the two channels so I can use the voice audio when its needed.

So my question is how do u do this?

I'm a beginner user of AA though I have owned veris versions for some years, just never had the time to get right into it until now. I've have spent the last couple of days digging through help menus and manuals trying to solve this problem. Usually I'd use hardware to do a work around but I figured I might as well start using the software.

Any help would be appreciated...
Sorry if this is a silly noob question.

Load the stereo track into Waveform View.  Click the little L to the right of the upper half of the waveform and it will mute the left channel.  Click File>Save As and save the right channel.  Then unmute L and repeat the procedure with the little R to the right of the lower half of the waveform.

This is faster than working in Multitrack, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

i do it so

I click on L or R , select all and copy to new

or use Extract Channels to Mono Files

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines