• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Static every 60 seconds

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I record I am getting a bit of static that lasts for one second and it happens every 60 seconds. I have a Sennheiser Mk4 as a microphone, a brand new XLR cable connecting it to my Behringer Xenyx 1204 Mixer.

I tried it with a different mic, different XLR cable, different USB cable and the static still happens. I can even hear it sometimes between playback as long as one of the mics is unmuted.  Though I have not heard the static in different programs such as Discord and such. Could it be something wrong with the mixer? The connection? Adobe? What do you think?

TOPICS
Audio hardware , FAQ , How to , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like external interference of some sort, but from a compressed MP3 it's not so easy to work out what it might be. Can you provide an wav file of a couple of bursts, preferrably at a high sample rate? There's something distinctly odd about them... One possibility is that it's medical equipment, which has been known to break through on just about everything anywhere near it. Do you live anywhere near a hospital? And does this happen all the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this happen in every session?

Are you using any 3rd paty effects? If so have you made sure that they are registered properly as some fx in demo mode can exhibit this behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines