• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stereo Mix not recording

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have stereo mix enabled, selected and mapped, but wheen I record it doesn't capture any sound. Microphones work fine. I'm stumped! Any help?

Screenshots of main interface and settings below

Barnburner_0-1665764871622.png

Barnburner_1-1665764910551.pngBarnburner_2-1665764917098.pngBarnburner_3-1665764938659.png

TOPICS
Audio hardware

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may find that this is a machine with the recording funtion from 'stereo mix' (which is essentially the same as 'what you hear') has been disabled by the manufacturer, in response to the RIAA years ago saying that it was illegal to provide this functionality. They claimed that it enabled people to record copyright music being played without paying any royalties for it, which you would have done if you had bought a physical copy.

It was never illegal, of course - there are plenty of legitimate reasons for why people might want to do this. But the RIAA spooked a lot of computer manufacturers into disabling it.

There are easier ways of recording a live stream - the one I use is SoundTap, which gets around all of the connectivity issues, and is dead easy to set up and record from. Other apps are available, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines