• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no cross-fade

Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set the cross-fade option to be active, but when I create tones and insert them side by side, there is no cross-fade at the junction between tones. It worked a few days ago, but not now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the two frequencies shown and how long is the crossfade set to? Your zoomed in image shows a pretty neat junction between the two tones. Does it cause a problem when you play it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set it to "Smooth all Edit Boundaries by Crossfading 5 ms". It occurs with all frequencies that I put into the track. Without the fade I get a pop at the boundaries between frequencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot looks like the smoothing crossfade was applied, but it's zoomed out enough that 5ms would be a pixel width or less.  You can try increasing that setting if you're expecting different results.

edit:

I missed the part where you said it was working before.  The screenshot looks as I'd expect, visually.  Any chance you can share the file itself and we can take a look and listen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I increased the crossfade time to 25ms and it does look like crossfade was applied, but it is not smooth. I still get a pop between frequencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines