I'm in the process of editing a podcast between myself and another editor. We've been making edits then uploading the session and all files to a cloud. In the latest session, it's saying that two audio files are missing, and when I go to link media to the original files, it's not in sync with the edit. I.e, the first clip on multi track is now playing the start of the original recording file, not the proper segment. I'm relatively new to Audition so would appreciate any help.
Direct loading of any files from a cloud location is fraught with difficulties - simply because you are connected to it via what amounts to a bit of wet string. This means that the normal hand-shaking that takes place when you load a file simply doesn't work properly a lot of the time. If you are going to use cloud storage for this purpose, the thing to do is to download the files you want to use to a local drive on your machine first, and open them from that. So try this initially, and see if it improves things...
Hi Steve, tha is for getting back to me.
We've been downloading everything to our local drives before continuing the edit, so unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the solution
Well if that's the case, then somehow the session file is getting corrupted - assuming that the audio files are intact. Are you transferring all the files for the session in the same folder as the session file that you save at the end of each edit?
I am having the same problem. I have a multitrack session, and I make regular changes to one of the audio mp3 tracks (a lot). When I select "link media", some of the time the file dialog defaults to the copy in the "imported files" folder. When I navigate to the location of the original and link it, the file updates correctly. But more often than that, when I select link media, it opens the file dialog straight to my original copy in my folder. When it does it that way, the file does not refresh until I close the app and restart. I am on build 13.012.45.
Once I close and open the session, it usually does it the right way (the first way I mentioned) once or twice, and then after that it goes to the second way and I can't get the updated version in my mix.
I normally am working on all files (my copy and the mixdown) in a dropbox folder. But I tried moving everything to my C:\ drive and am getting the same results.
This is costing me a lot of time as I make changes every couple of minutes and need to hear the result in my mixdown.