• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Future of Adobe Audition

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team use Audition for Post Production Mixing, Sound Design, Podcast Editing and every day we demand a lot from it at an advanced level.

I’ve found particularly over the last year or two that new releases and features have slowed significantly. We appreciate improved stability that has come with this, however it worries me going forward that as users we’re being left behind.

What can you tell us about the future of Audition as a Digital Audition Workstation? What new features or workflow improvements can we expect? Is its functionality likely to amalgamate with other Adobe apps longer term?

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry - Adobe never release information like that! It's called keeping your powder dry. And we couldn't tell you because we're a U2U group, and technically I'm still under a NDA - so even if I knew (I don't), I couldn't tell you anyway.

If you want to have a meaningful discussion with Adobe on that level, you need to be a big ticket user, and then they'll pay you a visit. But unless it's already in development at an advanced stage, they won't tell you much about what's coming. What they will do though is ask you questions about how much you'd value feature ideas they've had. And almost certainly promise nothing. What's a big ticket user? I think it's likely to be around the four or five figure number of seats you purchase. Real big seat numbers for a few huge operators are larger than that, though.

I'd guess that if you don't already know this already, you aren't at that level, because I believe that they are quite good at keeping tabs on big customers. I should point out that I'm certainly not at that level, but I've had enough past contact with the team to know pretty much how it works, and it's unlikely to change.

The one thing that I can tell you though is why feature creep has slowed down - that's quite simple. There's only one audio development team in Adobe, and now it has to maintain all of Adobe's audio, not just Audition. And they are spread about quite a bit now... The rest inevitably follows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines