• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The last file closed in Audition 24.4.1.3 stays locked in Windows 11 unless you open another file

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open a file or multiple files in Audition 24.4.1.3 the last file closed stays locked in Windows 11 until you open another file in Audition or close Audition.  This did not happen in Audition CS6. I just upgraded to Audition 24 from CS6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't happen here, and nobody else has reported it... If your OS is not releasing the file, there will be a reason for it. What you might need to do is download Process Explorer to establish why this is happening. Also, make sure that you are running as a user with Administrator rights - that has been the cause of a few otherwise unexplained problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running as Administrator. This does not happen with Audition CS6.  I just upgraded to Audition 2024.
If I do the same thing in CS6 the file is unlocked but not in 2024. I attached a screenshot showing Audition with no open files. I tried to rename the last one I had open and got the "file in use error".  The error says Adobe Audition 2024 has the file open. I downloaded and ran the Process Explorer but you'll have to tell me what to look for. I didn't see anything that showed Adobe or any process has open files.

Adobe 2024 leaves file locked.png
r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reporting it. I've attached a screenshot showing a Windows error saying
the file is in use by Adobe Audition 2024 but the Audition screen shows no
files open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and open the Task Manager when this happens, does Audition show as a still-open app in the process tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition is still open. That's the problem. It's open but no files show as open. They've been closed. But the last file that was closed is locked. If you try to change its name or something you get the locked error message. That's what the screenshot shows.  Audition is open, and no files are open but I tried changing the name of the last file that was open in Audition and I can't change it. The error message in the screenshot says the file is open in Audition 2024.
In the screenshot, you can see Audition open with no files open but the error message from Explorer says the file is open in Audition.   This does not happen in Audition CS6,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to unlock the file is to open another file in Audition or close Adition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to bear in mind that this isn't anybody else's experience with Audition, and indeed it's quite a common problem across the board, and can happen with any app - as you'd discover if you did a google search. For one set of potential fixes, have a look at this Youtube video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're not taking into consideration that if I do the exact same thing in audition CS6 the filesl is not locked. Now you say no one else has the problem well maybe no one else leaves addition open and then tries to open the file in another editor or rename it right away. Like I said several times if I close addition the file becomes unlocked. So it's absolutely Adobe edition 2024 having this problem. Adobe edition CS6 does not have the problem. And I know about locked files and how to get rid of them that I can do all those things but it's much easier I could just close addition, or open another file but why why should I have to? iAudition 2024 should have released the file when it closed it but apparently it doesn't close it correctly.

I can reboot the computer, open edition 2024 open a file close it and then go try to change its name or something and it will be locked. It is Adobe 2024 having a problem with closing the last file that's open whether it's one or 10 the last one stays locked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, calm down - I've finally been able to replicate this behaviour. Still not quite sure what's behind it though. M$ changed a lot of security-related items in W11, so it could be one of those that Audition hasn't quite taken account of. And it certainly doesn't happen with W10, running exactly the same software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want an instant fix for this, then use the current beta version - it doesn't do it. Also, it's possible that this may be no more than a console setting where the default got altered, but if it is, it's not immediately apparent which one it would be. It's also possible that this is a 'misplaced' setting in the debug database, but that's the same - not obvious. It's also worth mentioning that playing with either of these can have somewhat unpredictable results; there are dragons!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reproduced this issue. Opened a file, saw it wasn't what I thought it was, closed the file, could not delete the file. Confirmed it as Audition holding a lock on the file by closing Audition then deleting the file.

(build 24.2.0.83 on Win10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines