Thought Audition was the ANSWER but Accusonus ERA plugins crash it

Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling trying to do multitrack editing in Audacity. I LOVE the Accusonus plugins. BUT after downloading Audition and saying, wow! This is more like it. KEYFRAMES!!!! It crashed repeatedly when I was using the pro noise remover plugin from Accusonus. Any workaround or, sigh, back to Audacity?

TOPICS
Crash , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why it would crash with that plugin, but there are a couple of points to make; firstly, Audition has always been slightly notorious for not suffering some plugins. Even Waves fell foul of this at one point and they had to do a bit of a rewrite to keep them strictly within the VST guidlines - the shortcuts that work with a lot of other software simply don't with Audition. Not saying that this is definitely what's happened - just that it's not unknown. It's always difficult dealing with this, because invariably Adobe blames the plugin, and the plugin manufacturer blames Adobe. I don't know how you resolve this...

The second thing is that Audition's NR actually works pretty well. Have you thought or tried using that instead? The best form of it is the process-based one, applied in two or three passes, a fresh sample at different FFT sizes each time, and only a small amount taken off. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I kind of love Audition!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines