• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade Adjustable Playback speed in Audition

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Audition. But one argument that I frequently lose is that Audition sucks at handling playback speed. People are spending countless hours editing audiobooks, youtube videos, and podcasts and we want to go faster. In Audition, there are only a couple options for this. One is JKL shuttle which is horrible. It's too fast for accurate detail editing at any speed that it can be set to and it chipmunks like crazy. The other way is to time stretch it down, work through it, and then time stretch it back up. Doing that also chipmunks and adds some strange gravel sound to voices and it also causes issues with marker placement. Why can Audacity and Reaper have far superior playback options than Audition? Especially Reaper's ability to maintain pitch while speeding up.  I love Audition but time is everything when editing long form and that feature alone is enough for me to switch to Reaper. The last thing that I want to do is learn a new DAW but this is something that Audition should handle more elegantly.

This is a feature that could easily add another check in a favorable column for Audition.

Thank you for your consideration.

Gary

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still not updated in audition? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes please.  really would appreciate a solution for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines