Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Volume boost

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been burning CDRs with Audition CS5. The discs in question are compilations I have made up from various CDs old and new with a lot of varation on listening volumes. As you can imagine the older CDs are quieter than the newer ones. I decided to convert all the files to -3db. The problem I have come up against is in some instances a certain song may only reach -3db in only ONE instance in that song and the remainder of the song is below -3db which makes it sound quieter than other songs on that compilation. Is there anything within CS5 to slightly boost the quieter parts of that song or is there a separate program that can do this. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A compressor is your friend for this sort of thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SuiteSpot

Never used a compressor before, wouldn't even know how to go about getting one. Could you give me some more info please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition has a couple built in

Try Effects > Amplitude & Compression > Tube Modelled Compressor

There are plenty of sites to teach you how to use a compressor but play around with the threshold and makeup gain.

The makeup gain will pump up the quiter bits and the trheshold is where the compressor kicks in to maintain a particular level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much, I will look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines