• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

waveform but no audio

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can anyone help. Ive been editing a clip by using the automatic noise declipper and since then I have no audio whatsoever on that clip but all other clips play fine. It's not just in audition I tried playing that clip in itunes and there is no audio. There is a waveform though so I have no idea whats wrong with it. Screenshot attached

TOPICS
Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

maybe i'm wrong but from the screenshot it seems that you only opened the wav file. The effect is only shown, but not applied to the wave?! Are the Output device and length of the file correct? What is the Format of that wav file (Details of the file)? Just to confirm can that clip (unedited) be played on all devices? Also try to open it and for confirmation save it as mp3 or another format and that should play it back. Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip no longer plays at all whether it be on audition or itunes or quicktime player. It shows as playing as it counts the seconds and minutes but there is no sound whatsoever. It wont allow me to save as, this option is greyed out. Ill attach a screenshot of the details of the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same or similar problem with several clips.

I have the waveform in my clip (here is my session info:  <session appBuild="23.5.0.48" appVersion="23.5" audioChannelType="stereo" bitDepth="32" duration="234584969" sampleRate="48000"> ).

My audio was exported from Pro Tools and is from a mono, 32 bit, 48k PCM Wave file.

All my audio came from the same export and are in the same format.

Most everything except for a hand full of clips.

However, the clips will play in the Waveform Editor, but are where they show the waveform in the timeline, no meters and no sound.

I have moved the clips to alternate tracks, I am able to play back "good" clips on any track, I have modiefied audio hardware and channel mapping, sent the audio through other buses and out puts, and have relinked it to the file that plays fine in the QT preview.

Any help would be great, thx, Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved my own problem.

If anyone ever encounters this, in my case any way, the track volume was set -∞, so even though I could modify the aplitude of the clip and see the wave form change, there was no volume getting to the track.

I was working from an XML import from Resolve and apparently the EDL that was created set the track levels to zero upon linking to the media.

Once I raised to the clip volume it played fine, that said there is no way currently in Audition to fix multiple clips at once and given the length of my project, it was easy to fix but very time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines