• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did generate noise go?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using audition since it was cooledit. I recently upgraded to the new cloud based version and cannot find the noise generation function anywhere. Searching the web brought me here where the answer is

Effects>generate>noise.

There is no Effects>generate>noise.

Was the generate noise function eliminated?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Fixed it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on CC2018?

I know it won't be much help to you but just checked my installation and the normal Effects/Generate/then a choice of noise/tones etc is there as normal.

A re-install might help, otherwise hopefully somebody else might be along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bob+Howes  wrote

Are you on CC2018?

That's CS6. If you have cloud membership, you've downloaded the earlier version, not the latest, which is CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for filling in for Adobe tech support guys. I think you're onto my problem:

So I went to go and update to the latest version of Creative Cloud from my account hoping that it would give me the right thing. Now I see that Windows 10 is not supported:

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. It''s not actually Windows 10 that isn't supported, it's that to run anything beyond Audition CS6 you need a 64-bit machine. I'd guess here that you have a 32-bit Win 10 installation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call but I think I'm OK for HW. It's a brand new machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that Audition has installed "Adobe Creative Cloud" app on my PC so I ran that and see that Audition CS6 is in "My Apps & Services"

I also see that Audition CC(2017) is available as a Trial App.

What's up with this? I thought the whole point of cloud based services was that your subscription got you the latest version? Do I need to buy an additional subscription for the noise generator?

getting very confused here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase a full subscription or a single-app one?

If you go to the three dots next to your name in the CC app, click on it and select 'Preferences' the current version is 4.3.0.256. If you aren't on that one, the app needs updating.

But in general no, once you've got the subscription in place, that's all you should need. And all trial versions are complete; it's just the expiry times on them that are fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Steve.

Looks like I am on the latest version of creative cloud:

Lost too much time chasing this down. I have an old XP machine that still runs Cooledit. Going to get my work done on that and worry about this when I have time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone from Adobe Tech Support around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Technical Support do monitor these forums but being User to User they don't usually answer. For installation or activation problems you need Adobe Customer Support not Tech Support anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking for a way to get in touch with customer support or tech support but haven't found anything on this site other than:

I guess I have a less common option problem but there's nothing for audition or creative cloud.You can't proceed to "contact" without passing "what can we help you with." The "we are experiencing unusually long wait times" seems to be a 24/7 condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good isn't it.

What does your Creative Cloud App show under Apps/Installed? Can you post a screen grab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines