• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is vertical waveform zoom not working in the Waveform Editor?

Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm working in the latest Adobe Audition CC2017.1.1 (build 10.1.1.11), on a new MacBook Pro (OS Sierra).

The vertical (amplitude) zoom tools are not working in the Waveform Editor. They neither work by clicking on the zoom in / zoom out tools, nor by using the shortcuts for these functions.

This renders any spectral editing and use of the spectral editing tools pretty much useless.

Is everybody else having the same problem?

cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All works fine under Windows. But, if this was a general issue with Macs, I think we'd have heard about it by now! If you hold the mouse over the amplitude scales at the ends of the waveform or spectral displays, and roll the mouse wheel, do they scale then? They should do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

If you hold the mouse over the amplitude scales at the ends of the waveform or spectral displays, and roll the mouse wheel, do they scale then? They should do...

Yes. As the MacBook Pro uses a trackpad and not a mouse, it's not something I'd tried before you mentioned it. But there is a gesture that does the same thing, and I can confirm that's working.

Strange that the shortcut and icon don't though.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elkalamar  wrote

Yes. As the MacBook Pro uses a trackpad and not a mouse, it's not something I'd tried before you mentioned it. But there is a gesture that does the same thing, and I can confirm that's working.

Strange that the shortcut and icon don't though.

We'll have to wait for another Mac user here, I think. I don't know how many people use the icons these days - generally either a mouse, or as you mention, trackpad gestures seem to be more common.

Of course the other advantage of using a mouse, etc with the spectral view is that as well as expanding the scale, you can drag the whole thing up and down, just to show the bits you're interested in - probably why more people use it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just in the habit of using the zoom tools, in combination with dragging the scale to show the bits I'm editing.

It's not a big problem relearning, now you've pointed out the zoom can work that way.

it does bother me that there always seems to be something that doesn't work in Audition though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well unless you have reported it as a bug there isn't likely to be a fix since it doesn't seem to be a problem that anyone else has reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I've raised it here on the Adobe forum, I had no idea it was necessary to report it via some other route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum is basically a User to User forum so normally any posts about bugs don't get back to Adobe. Occasionally one of the developers of Audition look in to see what's happening, particularly after a new version release.

Strangely Bug reporting is done via the Feature Request link. Wishform - Adobe Audition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines