Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yeti X causing terrible choppiness/dropped audio

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've pulled out all of my hair so now I'm here. Thanks in advance. 

I've had this issue with Audition where my YetiX causes major drops in audio when recording. Playback just a single audio track through the mic and it sounds like lag. 

I've also tried this mic in Audacity, for the record. I am able to get clean playback in audacity with this mic, however, recording sounds like static and dropped clips.

In Audition, playback is so bad that when you try to record in a new track, playback becomes even more unbearable and trying to record vocals over a choppy beat is impossible. If I disconnect the mic, playback and recording is fine through laptop internal speakers and mic (puke)

here's what I've tried:

adjusting buffer rates

adjusting from 48k to 41k

ensuring all other apps are closed and not pulling mic access

updating firmware on Yeti

Updating OS

upratint audition

no luck. Please save my soul. I just want to make music with my friends for the love of Adobe

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the Logitech G HUB software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Audition, on the Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware page, what does your Clock setting say? And do you have a check in 'Use machine-specific device defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve. I've since tried to run my output through the Aux port of my Mac.  Currently my Clock says Out: System Default - Built in Output. 
I have "machine-specific" unchecked 

no luck yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add that plugging my studio headphones in through aux (they have an internal mic) I am able to record and playback trouble-free. Including FX etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the clock settings, can you find an 'In' one that says Yeti? Worth trying that if you can, and also it's worth trying to let Audition force the sound system to whatever rates you are recording at. Of course if it makes no difference, it's easy to undo both of those changes. You may have to restart Audition for the changes to become effective when you make them, but probably not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines