• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all of my Effects Favorites disappeared from panel

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week all of the effects presets that I saved in the Effects Favorites panel inexplicably disappeared. I updated to the current Audition Build 12.1.4.5, but it did not restore any effects. I found another post on here that suggested copying the EffectPresets.xml file from the 11.0 folder and pasting/overwriting the file in the 12.0 folder, but that didn't help. Any suggestions to help me get my presets back? Also, Clip-->Fade In and Out became grayed out and stopped working at the same time that my Effects Favorites disappeared. A related issue?  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However you look at this, something is happening to your Properties folder - it has to be, because that's where all the information about everything to do with effects is stored. There are several things that can affect it; even things like an over-protective OS restoring settings can screw this up. The obvious thing though is to be logged onto your machine as a different user - even worse, without Administrator privileges. That has caught out a few before, and it's all down to what happens with Properties. Chances are though that if you can't find anything you did previously, they are gone forever - unless you saved them under a different user-name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helped - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this happen to me when I changed workspaces. When I changed back to my regular workspace, all my favorites were gone. Just as I was going to start rebuilding them I noticed that the search bar at the top of the window had characters in it. I deleted them and instantly all my favorites were back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines