• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cool Edit 2000 and Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Cool Edif 2000 on Windows 10 pro, It's OK, it's the trial version. It's the normal way.

I click on "buy now" to enter my ID, but in this window "enter serial number" is grayed.

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

I made my copy work by using the ce2kreg.exe file to insert the serial number. It seem that I must do this every time I open Cool Edit.

That is:

Start Cool Edit.
Run ce2kreg.exe

Insert the serial number in ce2kreg.exe, click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An unlikely combination so I am not sure that you will find many people with any experience of your set up. However have you tried to install CE2000 either as Administrator or in compatibility mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I've installed with administrator, now I've install with "wXP" and "w98/ME" but it does'nt change. I Run it with "wXP" and "w98/ME", but no way, "enter serial number" is still grayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry CE2000 is such a long time ago that I cannot think of any further advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had exactly the same experience. I know Cool edit is a long time ago, but the fact is I did buy it and I resent being unable to activate something I legally own. Given that Adobe bought this software from Syntrillium then changed the name to Audition, I think they have a duty of care to past owners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made my copy work by using the ce2kreg.exe file to insert the serial number. It seem that I must do this every time I open Cool Edit.

That is:

Start Cool Edit.
Run ce2kreg.exe

Insert the serial number in ce2kreg.exe, click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to install Cool Edit 2000 on my W10 system. I have the key on my purchase confirmation email but not the ce2kreg.exe file. Can you advise where I can get a copy, please?

Thanks in advance for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately as far as I am aware there are no longer any official sources for this file I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe some kind person will offer to send it to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there somehow we can exchange mail adresses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link http://web.comhem.se/u70525383/ce2kreg.exe 

played some music so that wont work for me. I did send you a test message "off the board" and if that works then I will send you my email address...

Thanks a lot for offering to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a copy of ce2kreg.exe from Altitune (for which I am very grateful) and everything now works fine and my copy of Cool Edit 2000 is no longer on a 30-day trial and registered to me. Altitune and I exchanged emails about how we could make the file easily available to others without having to administer a process of messaging, then emailing, etc. We tried Box and Drop Box but I couldn't create a truly public folder with access to any user, so we are stuck for now. Does anyone else have any suggestions on how we could create a repository somewhere for this file with open access to it for anyone who wants it? The registration software itself is of no use to anyone who doesn't have a proper registration key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news.

You should be able to share it via Dropbox. Just upload the file into the Public folder that should be created in your Dropbox by default. The you will still need to get a link to share the file with anybody else. Click on the tree dots to the right of the file name and Share. Then from the window that opens click on Copy Link and paste the link into another reply here or other peoples emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Dropbox changed their Public folder access rules but let's try. I have uploaded the file to my public folder and created this shared link:

Dropbox - ce2kreg.exe

would you try it please to see if you can get the file? Hopefully it will work and you won't get a Dropbox error, but you can let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I successfully downloaded it. Thanks.  However I do already have a Dropbox account, so don't know if it works for those without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news and thanks for proving it. Now we need a volunteer who does not have a Dropbox account to try it. Any offers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no Dropbox account but can still download the file and save it to my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks Altitune , it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone a step further and copied the installation files for Cool Edit 2000, the plug-ins for Studio, Noise Reduction, DirectX support,  a 1 page installation instruction and a copy of a short manual for Cool Edit 2000 (created by Cleveland State University back in 2007) into a Drop Box public folder here:

Dropbox - Cool Edit 2000 Files - Simplify your life  (I didn't put the "Simplify your life" bit on the link ).

I've done this because I had a hell of a job finding any of these files on the Internet and when I did find them I could not be sure that the sites were to be trusted. I don't think that I have loaded the full set and I think there is at least one more plug-in (the Equalizer) around but I don't have a copy of it and cannot find it. If anyone has a copy then let me know and I will upload it.

For all of the plug-ins apart from the DirectX support one you will need to have your original license information to activate the software during the installation process. Once again we are not breaking licensing rules, just making the files available for licensed users who have mislaid their original files to get access to the installation files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job, Tony.

I downloaded the two pdf:s but could'nt open them (damaged files).

One suggestion is that you open them on your pc and then print them in Acrobat. Maybe then they are converted into pdf of today's standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Arne.

Only one of them the instructions, were created with the latest PDF software. Will see if I can do something about thi# issue.

Regards

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that and reloaded the two new versions of the files. Let me know how you get on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Altitune for the tip and tonyf27 for the files. Il will try it 🙂
Here are some other files: https://cloud-esprit-libre.ovh/index.php/s/x4JgB24wTXid5pk

- tutorials

- other reg (not the same size)

- ce2keq.exe

- ce2kphat.exe

- ce2ktoys.exe

- a file for OGG files

To read Monkey'sAudio files, you need to copy "APE.DLL" from Monkey'sAudio folder to CoolEdit folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for all these files. Its good to get back to using a programme I really like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines