Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects VST & VST 3 don't appear.

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I installed Adobe Audition CS6, and VST plugins and VS3T don't appear in Effects Windows, only the names VST and VST3.
I've been in "Audio Plug-in Manager" and selected the folder where the plugins are "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CS6\Plug-ins\VST3" and "Scan for plug-ins" and don't appear in the "Available Plug-Ins".
This situation is normal?

I have a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 soundcard installed on your system.

Thank you.

Paulo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

I have experienced something similar to this, running CS6 but on Windows so this possible solution may not work!

However, you need to "force" AA to rescan all your plugins.  First, check that the "plug in folder" list in Audio Plug In Manager is correct and complete.  Then, in the same screen choose "Scan for plug ins" with the "Rescan existing plug ins" checked.  This may now find and reload all your existing plugs.  In my case, it found some, but not all.  So I reselected "Scan for plug ins" bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most VST plugins that install don't go where you said at all - that's just the location of the built-in plugins within the software itself. The default location for ones you install yourself is in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins. Make sure that you are scanning this location first, and report back if they aren't there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveG.

The folder "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins" does not exist on my system, but there is a folder "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\VST3".

When I click "Scan for Plug-ins" it shows a bar with a list of plugins, but in the end, in the window "Available Plugins" don't appear nothing.

The default folder is "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins".in Audio Plug In Manager.

Thank you.

Paulo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plugins do you have installed in the C:\Program Files\VstPlugins or VST3 folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I'm now wondering... are these VSTs or VSTi's? Audition CS6 will ignore VSTi's completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryclark and SteveG.

This is a printscreen of my folder "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\VST3". The path "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins" does not contain any files.

vst3_folder.JPG

Thank you very much.

Paulo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the internal effects found in Audition and shouldn't be located in the shared VST folder.  You'll want to make sure those exist only in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CS6\Plug-Ins\VST3\  Either move them back, or verify they are already there.  These aren't compatible with other audio applications and will need to remain in their original, installed location to function properly.

For your own third-party VST or VST3 effects, install them with their own installer or copy the DLL file to C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\  Then in Audition, open the Audio Plug-In Manager, and if C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\ isn't already listed in the VST Plug-In Folders: box at the top of the dialog, click the Add... button and locate it.  Then click the Scan for Plug-Ins button and let us know the results of that process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Durin.

I move all the plugins to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CS6\Plug-Ins\VST3, changing the path to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CS6\Plug-Ins\VST3" and search with "Scan for Plug-ins", but the problem remains.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since they are all the Audition built in Effects and moving them about has confused Audition I would re-install from scratch to get them in the correct place where Audition can recognise them.

But does the normal list of effects appear in the drop down Effects menu, ie. the ten headings from Amplitude and Compression down to Time and Pitch above where it says VST and VST3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paolo,

I think there might be confusion happening here.  Audition ships with a collection of plug-ins all of which are available under the Effects menu.  These are broken into groups like Amplitude and Compression, Reverb, Echo and Delay, etc...  You don't need to scan plug-ins to use these.  (The screenshot below was taken on a Mac computer, but the menu should look very similar.)

Screen Shot 2012-05-19 at 8.47.28 AM.png

In addition to the built-in effects, Audition supports VST and VST3 plug-ins.  These are plug-ins that you would have purchased or downloaded separately.  If you have already installed separate VST plug-ins, please let us know which ones you expect to see when scanning and we can troubleshoot.  If you haven't yet installed any, there is a great list of free VST effects at http://audio.tutsplus.com/articles/general/over-90-free-vst-effects-plugins/ You should be able to download and install some of those, then perform a scan in Audition to make them available for your editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with VST3 plug-ins. I reinstall Audition two times, try with many different plug-ins but nothing.

VST plug-ins appear normal in menu but VST3 never shows. I try different location for plug-ins (all possible). With plug-in manager I find place with plug-ins but nothing help.

Few of my friends have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which VST3 plug-ins do you have problems with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all VST3. Steinberg, iZotope Nectar, Wawes all Plugins Bundle etc because I try many other which I will never use just for trying. I am new to Audition and this is my first use of program. Probably I made mistake somewhere, but can't find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be certain...

You are using AA CS6 and not AA CS5.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS 6. Use Adobe products for years in web design but first time Audition and first time have problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

damyrr wrote:

. I am new to Audition and this is my first use of program. Probably I made mistake somewhere, but can't find.

Can you post a screen shot of what the plugin manager shows, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot - 7.jpg

No problem with VST only VST3 make truble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long shot, I know, but I notice that your VST3 folder has a sub-folder named "MeldaProduction" (the same name as appears as a sub-folder of the main Adobe Plug-Ins folder; not sure but don't think that's "normal".)

Anyway, are you sure the VST3s are in that sub-folder or are they actually in the "main" VST3 directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is only me trying different things. I try all folders and sub-folders just to see what will  be. But wherever I put VST3 plug-ins they don't appear in effects menu in AA CS6. I put plug-ins in in all possible places (common CS6 plug-ins folder in C drive, in plug-ins folder in AA, in VST3 folder, in app folder, etc) but never AA show any of VST3 plug-in in effects menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they all 32 bit versions of the VST3 plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64. I look very carefully on 32 or 64 version of plug-ins. Belive me I tried everything I have learned in the past about similar programs, Now I am out of ideas...

My version of Windows 7 is 64. AA must be 64 also. Am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

damyrr wrote:

My version of Windows 7 is 64. AA must be 64 also. Am I wrong?

Yes, I'm afraid you are. You are running a 32-bit application in what amounts to an emulation mode in W7-64. And 64-bit plugins won't work with it; you need the 32-bit versions of them.

There is only one version of Audition CS6, and it's 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid me. Thank you. You save my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou! I had the same problem to install VST, and installing 32 bit version it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! is AA CC also 32 bit, on Mac?

Sent from MiHand,

Peter Martel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines