• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when editing sequence from Premiere: File not supported by any currently registered plug-ins

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition is throwing a fit when I try to import a sequence from Premiere. I've tried reinstalling everything, updating everything, duplicating the project, clearing caches, clearing the temp folder--nothing. Other sequences open fine. Plenty of room on all drives. Plenty of computer capability. No clear indication that it's a particular sound file. I can send just the music clips, or just a few dialogue clips along with them, but when I try to do the whole thing it takes a dump. Tried isolating a clip to see if one of them was problematic, but I'm not getting a consistent behavior.

Super dumb. I guess the latest version of Premiere will no longer create an Audition project to send? Never seen this before. Anyone else happen to run into this? TIA.

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

PC.  After hours of troubleshooting, I was able to get it to work by flattening 5 audio clips out of a multicam sequence that was in my timeline.  Not sure why it threw a fit about those!  I've had them in my timeline before with no issue, but oh well.

Thanks for offering to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC.  After hours of troubleshooting, I was able to get it to work by flattening 5 audio clips out of a multicam sequence that was in my timeline.  Not sure why it threw a fit about those!  I've had them in my timeline before with no issue, but oh well.

Thanks for offering to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thouting's solution did not work for me. I have a multicam video synced with one audio file. I had to flatten, then go to "Edit Original". Then each clip will port to audition. I'm open to suggestions, if this is not the best way to do this. I'm on a Windows PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have loads of multicam sequences here at present, with separate audio. I just tried both methods of exporting the largest one - either clips or an entire sequence, and both work fine. I'm not sure why the OP couldn't send a sequence - the option is clearly there still - Edit>Edit in Adobe Audition>Sequence. What I haven't tried is an unflattened file, but I can't see why it should make a difference; the video is prerendered to play in Audition anyway. The only thing I can think of that might make a difference (certainly to the speed at which it's exported at least) is to try to send unrendered effects - in other words, with no preview files available to speed up the export. I could easily see this screwing things up!

So what I'd do first is to make sure that the video you are sending is preview-rendered - especially if it's got a red render bar at the top. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will go to Audition, Audition just rejects it with the error code mentioned in the original post. 

Oddly, it shows as one audio file in the timeline and it is broken into sections when I go to edit original. 

My system is about middle of the road for the task. It's not the best you can get, but it's built for gaming, so it offers pretty robust performance in most cases. I'm consistently in the yellow, so I hadn't thought to prerender. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that this morning and see how that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayep. Prerendeing in Premiere Pro did the trick. So three possible solutions to the same problem: 

Flattening

Going to Edit Original and porting to Audition from there

Prerendering the sequence

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting a follow up. It didn't get me all the way there, but at least gave me some clues on where to start, so I didn't have to spend the hours you did figuring out the first part!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't take that long to figure it out, actually. It was mostly a case of working out what had to be sent, and what would restrict that. In order to work with really hi-res material, you'd only ever send preview files, and that pretty much ruled out the multicam issue - unless there's something going on that I'm not aware of (that is perfectly possible, of course... 😉 ) so it only really left anything in the timeline that wouldn't play correctly without a render. 

I'm pleased that it's worked out for you anyway; at least it's obeying a logical progression of events!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to solve this issue by unlocking all tracks and then rendering sequence in/out. After that the issue was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a much simpler solution. Some of the channels in my timeline were locked in PP. I unlocked them all, and was able to edit the sequence in Aud as normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did the trick for me, I had to unlock even the video tracks, and then it exported to audition without any trouble. Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines