• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Audition the tool to use to mix existing audio from CDs

Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional photographer and an Adobe CC subscriber. I want to take existing music on CDs, save the tracks to my hard drive (preferably retain the track name and data) and then mix the tracks with either still or movies.

I used Audition a million years ago when it was Cool Edit Pro and briefly after it was purchased by Adobe in different projects. Audition is the first tool I thought of when considering this new project using existing music I have on a large collection of CDs.

Is this the correct tool for this project. Remember, I have not used Audition in a million years. 🙂

1. Can Audition save audio from clips found on the internet.
  2. Can Audition save tracks or full CDs that are either MP3 or MP4.
  3. If Audition can save tracks or full CDs can it retain the title and artist information.

I am sure audition is the best tool for doing the mixing. But is it the tool for getting the audio off the CD to the hard disk. I have not found anything that shows how to do this in any of the help or tutorials.

If Audition is not the correct tool for this, is there anybody out there that knows the best tool to copy music from CDs to the hard disk retaining the track information?

I look forward to seeing your answers.

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the File Menu there is an Extract Audio from CD option, and it does appear to retain Artist, Album and song title names.

I do want to add, keep copyright in mind if you're doing something like that though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim_Palik,

I agree with @Sjaani. I understand you wish to retain the database of the CDs and save/extract the audio from it.

1. Can Audition save audio from clips found on the internet.
  2. Can Audition save tracks or full CDs that are either MP3 or MP4.
  3. If Audition can save tracks or full CDs can it retain the title and artist information.

The answer to your questions is yes. You might want to take a look at this article: Extracting audio from CDs

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines