• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Adult Voice More Child-Like

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded the voice of an adult woman, and I would like to make her sound a little more like a child.

I tried using Pitch Shifter with the following settings:

Semitones 1

Cents 15

High Precision

Splicing Frequency 10

Overlapping 5%

The pitch only changed a little, but the voice sounds distorted and unnatural. Please listen to the before & after example below:

03 Mr & Mrs Warden PITCH by Project Meatball | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I haven't been using Audition long. What should I do to make the lady sound a little more like a child without sounding too electronic or distracting?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't sound too helpful but the best way to do this sort of thing is to have your actor do her best to imitate the speech patterns of a child (and raise her own voice, perhaps a falsetto) then use Audition to just tweak the frequencies a bit.  The human voice is a very complex thing and simply changing the pitch usually results in an artificial sound rather than what you want.

I used to browbeat my son to record for me but alas his voice is changing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean, but I had to use an adult actress for this. (She was saying a couple of things I could never ask a minor to say.)

Can anyone suggest what I can do to tweak the frequencies a bit without sounding "electronic"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recommend using the "Stretch and Pitch" effect instead. It requires more processing time, but gives fewer artifacts, as well as having more control over formants and the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines