• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MARKERS on imported files visible in Waveform but not Multitrack

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with someone who is using a different program from Audition, he sends me WAV files with markers on them.  When I bring that track into Audtion, I can see the markers in waveform view, but not in Multitrack (well, I can see them in the markers panel but not on the actual track).  Is there a fix here?  Some online vids have what seems to be an absurd workaround involving importing them to a CSV file and bringing them back in, blah blah, but that seems ridiculous and I don't want to do it every time I get a file.  Thanks in advance for the help folks!  

TOPICS
Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It rather depends on what software created the wav file, and the format of the markers, for a start...

Markers aren't placed 'in' a file, but appended onto the end of it. Audition markers in a file do show in Multitrack, but only as white vertical dotted lines. And they won't make it onto the timeline, because the timeline marker system is essentially independent of clips. It has to be, otherwise you'd end up with chaos every time you moved a clip in a session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software he uses is Reaper.  I see the markers in Multitrack form in the markers panel on the bottom left but not on the timeline.  I see the markers in Waveform view are verticle white lines with tabs at the top showing the description (chorus, bridge, verse, etc.), which is what I'd like to see in Multitrack view.  Is there a way to get them to show up in Multitrack view?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I'm afraid there isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines