• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste and Silent artifacts

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help with this would be appreciated.

When pasting, and often when choosing "Silent", simply cutting or deleting, or even when auto healing, I get artifacts at the beginning and/or the end of the selection modified. Not always, so I don't understand why.

In the linked example, I am trying to patch a selection with a similar selection (I know) because of a cough from the audience. "Healing" the cough just didn't work in this case as you can see from the problem area. See the copy and paster results in the attached video.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go into Preferences and the Data section, you should have the 'smooth all edit boundaries' settings looking like this:

smooth boundaries.JPG

Anything less than the default 5ms is likely to cause this sort of thing to happen. If you've already got it set like this (which is the default setting), then you may have to use another approach - like doing the edit in Multitrack view, where it's much easier to control the actual cross-fades over joins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I'll give that a shot. My "Smooths" were both unchecked, perhaps as an attempt to try options, so we'll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

took me some time to see your sample video

I do similar, but I do not copy the entire frequency spectrum. Instead of selecting the portion of time, I only marquee select up into the black slightly, and then hand move into paste  position. Or, marquee select mid frequency and carefully right/left arrow paste position.

I have the default smooths checked.

My artifacts appear after paste and appear in the black. They are barely visible columns that protrude up from selection boundaries - up from selection boundaries - not that I pasted any content in that black high frequency area, but the artifacts are shown in columns at the edges where I pasted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although you may be able to see the artefacts I doubt very much that you could hear them. So don't worry too much about them if you otherwise achieve the results that you are after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines