• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redbook audio CD mastering with Audition?

Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although there is plenty of discussion about Redbook audio in this forum, I can not determine if I am able to burn a Redbook compatible audio CD from within Audition CC 2017. I don't see a "burn CD" option in any menu, so I'm wondering if there is an export setting that I need to use.

I found this info regarding CS6 that suggests Audition can burn Redbook audio CDs, but I don't see any reference within the application menus to confirm this:

New features summary

CD burning

Choose File > New > CD Layout to assemble files you want to burn to Redbook-standard audio CDs. Or add tracks directly from the Files and Markers panels: right-click, and choose Insert Into CD Layout. (To make this option available for marker ranges, choose CD Track in the Type column.)

Note:

Press Shift + M during playback to quickly mark CD track start and end points. Then select adjoining points in the Markers panel, and click the Merge Selected Markers icon to create time ranges for each track.

You can assemble multiple CD layout files simultaneously and select between them in the Files panel. In the Properties panel, specify disc properties like Media Catalog Number (MCN), Title, and Artist.

When you finish laying out a CD, choose File > Export > Burn Audio to CD. (In the Burn Audio dialog box, choose Write Mode > Test to ensure that data transfer will be quick enough to avoid errors.)

Note:

To quickly burn a single file, including track markers, choose File > Export > Burn Audio to CD in the Waveform Editor. (Any track markers must be time ranges rather than points.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

davidp158  wrote

I don't see a "burn CD" option in any menu, so I'm wondering if there is an export setting that I need to use.

Audition won't burn anything other than Red Book (although technically it's Orange book unless you get them pressed). What's slightly strange is that you can't find File > Export > Burn Audio to CD. It's definitely in the File menu on the current release. The instructions are essentially correct, albeit rather sparse...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidp158  wrote

I don't see a "burn CD" option in any menu, so I'm wondering if there is an export setting that I need to use.

Audition won't burn anything other than Red Book (although technically it's Orange book unless you get them pressed). What's slightly strange is that you can't find File > Export > Burn Audio to CD. It's definitely in the File menu on the current release. The instructions are essentially correct, albeit rather sparse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve - Thanks for the prompt reply! I did find the option to burn a CD (yeah, its right there in the menu...why didn't I see it?). Regarding  the CD that I burned, will "Orange book" be suitable for duplication, or do I need to have "Red book" for proper duplication? The project is short run, so I don't think the duplication house will require a glass master to be made. I just want to make sure I send them a CD they can work with.

cheers,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Audition produces will be fine for duplication - it's only replication (for pressing) that requires a glass master. I've only ever sent material directly from Audition to a glass master once - and it wasn't a problem.

Incidentally, the reason that it's orange book is that this is the version of red book that can be created on writable CDs. The original red book standard defined what it was that CDs needed to be to play on a bog standard audio player, and was based on replicated CDs. Orange book lets you do exactly the same thing with the metadata and audio, so there should be no problems with making a glass master from them (except for the BLER errors and all of the other little nasties that can catch everybody out, and have nothing to do with the software you're using...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines