Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remix feature not working for audio clip

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

In Adobe Audition is have this audio clip I want to remix (so I can extend its duration), only it's not working. Constantly when I press the "Remix" button it says "Analysis failed". I tried to remix just a normal song I had and this worked fine. It seems like all the time when I want to remix this small 2 seconds clip it's not able to remix it.

The screenshot attached shows the Analysis failed.

How can I solve this so I can extend my audio clip?

Mike. Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 8.10.41 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

I think you've reached well below the time range that Remix is prepared to attempt to analyse...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've reached well below the time range that Remix is prepared to attempt to analyse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Steve says an audio clip must have sufficient content to allow the Remix feature to analyse and do the remix. It requires complete audio musical phrases to repeat or cut in order to do it's extend/reduce function. It is not an audio sample editor that might be found in some MIDI sequencing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that seems fair. thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much time or sample is needed and ...does Adobe have a program that can extend a beat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about time, as such - it's about what there is to analyse. What exactly do you want to do with your beat? If you just want to loop it, that's easy(ish)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes just a loop its about 4 seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then put it in Multitrack, open Window>Properties and highlight the clip. Under Basic Settings there's an option to set it to loop. Now all you have to do is drag the right-hand edge of the clip to the right and you'll get it looped as many times as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but mine is 12 seconds song that failing to analyze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's just 12 secs, attach it up in a post so we can see it.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Euan.
Here is the file. I was trying to extend it to 25s, but give up, ended up extending it manually. Was curious why is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cut the file > duplicated a middle section > remixed to 1 minute and added back the top and tail

It's a bit rough but you could probably try this and get the timing better.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it refuses to analyse, then there simply isn't enough material for it to work on. Nothing we can do about that, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That being said, what is the best option to seamlessly loop audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if there was ever a fix for this but I have never had this probelm until now. I have used remix on Voice Over a-lot. Even a voice clip that is 5 seconds or less. I have been able to speed that up in the past to make my mark. I am in 2024 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm here on the 28th thinking the same thing. 15s long music bed clip. Not working in 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines