• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing airplane noise from a video

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, question from a newbie user here, I'm trying to remove the sound of an airplane going overhead in a video as a presenter is talking, I've tried without much  success with the Noise Reduction (process) and Sound Remover (process), has anyone got any other suggestions? I've attached a clip of the waveform of the audio, the airplane only passes over once as you can see so it's not a repeated sound which the Sound Remover seems particularly adept at dealing withScreen Shot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I doubt that you are going to have much luck removing that without also removing a lot of the wanted sound since the plane noise overlaps so much with the same frequencies as the dialogue (if it is dialogue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was fearing that would be the case as the video is just recorded off a DSLR camera, the speaker does have a mic but wasn't using it at the time (handily ), so the dialogue starts almost at the beginning with the plane going overhead from about 10 seconds in, gradually building in noise then fading away towards then ed of the clip - all a bit frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I might have a play with the spot healing brush tool in Spectral View.  As ryclark says, it's doubtful you'll be able to completely remove the airplane because of the overlapping frequencies.  However, some playing around with how much you're "healing" may let you at least improve the clarity of the speech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines