• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To adjust the SNR, such as +5db, +10db

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know how I can create a sound source of snr of -3db by fixing the noise to 70db hl and setting the signal to 67db hl.

TOPICS
Export , Feature requests , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used noise - this is a lot easier to do than using tone. Generate noise of whatever flavour you like and set the Intensity control to 3dB. Now use Normalize, and set the value to -67dB. You will now have a 3dB band of noise with the peak value at -67dB, and the noise floor will be at -70dB.

On the face of it, that will give you a signal to noise ratio of 70dB. But actually it doesn't, because the SNR is fixed by the number of digits you used to generate the signal. For instance, if you do the above as a undithered 16-bit file, you end up with a 96.32dB SNR signal with a band of noise in it at -67dB - not strictly the same thing at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines